Natural Kerala Beauty
Hills and Backwaters - Munnar, Kumarakom - Kerala
Locations Visited - Munnar
Hill stations & Backwaters of Kerala
Munnar is a beautiful hill station, and was the summer resort of the British. Tourists come here to see the vast tea plantations of the area. The town itself is typically Indian with the usual shops, guest houses and is really beautiful and traditional. It is a good place to stay to see the surrounding countryside. It is also a popular place for Indian honeymooners.
The region in and around Munnar varies in height from 1,500 m (4,921 ft) to 2,695 m (8,842 ft) above mean sea level. It is pronounced "Moon-aar" short for "moonu aar" meaning 3 rivers. Three rivers - Mattupetti, Nallathanni and Periavaru which flow through this town, but join some distance away from Munnar.
Munnar is famous for its tea plantations, many of them started by the British. The "Kannan Devan" brand of Tea from the Tata is cultivated and processed here.
While hill resorts and beaches can be found in other parts of India, the backwaters are unique to Kerala. Meandering through the coastal areas of Kerala is a 900 kilometers long intricate network of lagoons, lakes, canals, estuaries and deltas of several rivers that flow into the Arabian Sea. This is a natural phenomenon, as major rivers and streams that flows within Kerala drain themselves into backwaters regions, resulting in creation of several small land strips, lagoons, islands etc, which opens to sea at few areas. Thus backwaters are one of the largest fresh-water sources and rich in marine habitat as well as adds to natural beauty.
DAY 1 – ARRIVE COCHIN - MUNNAR:
On arrival our representative shall meet you at the airport to welcome you and drive to Munnar. Enjoy the journey to Munnar which is surrounded by a large number of Cardamom hills and green carpets of tea plantations. Upon reaching Munnar, check into hotel. Spend rest of the evening at leisure. Overnight at hotel. (B)
DAY 2 – MUNNAR:
Post breakfast embark on an excursion to the exotic Eravikulam National Park. Enjoy the visit to the amazing national park to enjoy the glimpse of rare mountain goats locally famed as the Nilgiri Tahr, leopard, Indian bison, Tiger, leopard etc. It is an ideal place for seeing the biodiversity of high elevation shoal-grassland ecosystem. Spread over the vast area of 97 sq.km in the Kannan Devan hills this national park stands out of the scenic beauty of its rolling grasslands. The other tourist hotspots to visit include Dairy farm, Mattupetty Dam and the Old Munnar Town. The rest of the day is free for leisure activities. Overnight stay at the hotel. (B)
DAY 3 – MUNNAR
Today you will explore the surrounding activities on Munnar. Overnight stay at hotel. (B)
DAY 4 – MUNNAR --- KUMARAKOM
Today you will drive towards Kumarakom. Evening is at leisure with overnight stay at hotel. (B, L, D)
DAY 5 – KUMARAKOM
Today you will enjoy the day cruise. Rest of the day is free for you. Overnight stay at hotel. (B, L, D)
DAY 6 – KUMARAKOM --- COCHIN AND DEPARTURE
Morning after breakfast check out and transfer to Cochin air port catch your flight to your onward destination. (B)
Our cost includes the following services:-
• Meals as specified (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
• Airport transfers with staff assistance.
• Air-conditioned transport.
• Children below 06 yrs age free of cost sharing parents’ double bed
• Services of Local English Speaking Guide for sightseeing in Munnar.
• Day Boat cruise in Kumarakom
• All currently applicable taxes
Our cost does not include the following services:-
• Travel Insurance
• Entrance fee applicable anywhere during the trip.
• Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
• Tips and porter charges
• Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
• Any other service/s not specified above
• All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
• The above-mentioned cost is valid for for selected dates p on availability.
• Thi is only an offer and we are not holding any booking at this stage, booking would be subject to availability once confirmed by you along with guest details & guarantee to book.
Starting from USD 750 Per person